Saturday, July 14, 2012

In-kind contributor spotlight: Robin Kincade - Producer and Location Scout/Manager



We would not be able to pull this production off without the help of people like Robin Kincade. Her name was given to me by the awesome Jim MacIlvaine: Special Events Coordinator + Oakland Film Office. She gave us access to her files and time for free to find one of our key locations (creepy stairs at The City Team shelter), I would not have found it without her help!


Here's a little more about Robin Kincade and her location scouting services! Can't wait to buy this lady lunch!!


From Robin's bio:

"I started my business in 1990 in Sacramento, California and moved to the Bay Area in 1996. Since then, I’ve been producing and directing for a variety of clients.

Working on projects that include everything from “Confessions of Alien Abductions” to a week in Las Vegas with over 30,000 Bikers, I’ve helped to produced a wide variety of programming. Covering famous celebrities and CEO’s of successful companies to ordinary people in extraordinary situations, I consider myself lucky to have heard so many fascinating stories. 

With over thirty years experience in broadcast television, I can take a project from start to finish depending on your needs.  I have experience in production management in the Bay Area from hiring crews to making sure the production stays within budget all the way through to post production.

Over the past fifteen years producing in the political arena, I have directed the electronic media and purchased the buys with many campaigns including California District races for Congress, Supervisor, District Attorney, Sheriff, District Judge and Assessor.  

As a location scout/manager, I’m familiar with many regions along the Coast of California, from Humboldt County to San Diego. I understand the process of pulling permits, logistics and parking for large and small productions and I’ve worked in various counties all over the state.

Due to traveling over the years for many of my clients, I’ve worked with crews across the United States and have a healthy data base. Using Apple based equipment and the iPhone/iPad, I can have consistent communications with my clients.

My passions are open water swimming (yes, I am one of those crazy people who swim in San Francisco Bay without a wetsuit) sculling, yoga, lost wax sculpture and guitar. I’m a member of the South End Swimming & Rowing Club. "

Link to Robin and Company website: Link

Check out our website and stay tuned for more information about our "save our post production" auction. Okay, we are still trying to find the right name for that but it's COMING SOON!




No comments:

Post a Comment