Thursday, June 7, 2012

Casting Update: Chuck Phelps officially joins our cast!

So excited to have Chuck join our production. I wish I could share his audition but it would spoil the experience of the film so I can't. But I can tell you that he is one of the most passionate and committed actors I've worked with to date. Please read below and Bay area folks, I'll keep you posted on his upcoming theater performances this month.



Chuck Phelps is the eldest of three and was born in Aurora, Ill.  Yes, home to Wayne’s World…. but really it’s full of cornfields as anyone who’s been there can tell you.  Ever since he can remember, he has always liked entertaining people on a stage of one kind or another.  Laughter is “the medicine of the Gods”, and to be the cause of people laughing, crying, feeling, or just plain forgetting about their troubles for a brief period of time is priceless.  (And the icing on the cake, for me anyway, is that it’s a hell of an awesome way to share a meaningful moment between human beings.)

Having thoroughly exhausted a music career that carried him through the first third of his life, Chuck was left with something he had always told himself:  “If I wasn’t playing music, what would I be doing.....?"  The answer always came back acting.  Not only did he have this secret desire to act, but he somehow thought he might be good at it.  Chuck decided to put his theory to the test, and as with everything else in his life, he went at it full force.  Starting with ACT, BATS, and finally finishing it off with the boot camp of all acting techniques ….. Meisner.   After completing 2 years at the Meisner Technique Studio in 2009 it was time to get to work.  Along the way he managed to put together a demo a reel, and a resume full of something he didn’t know he’d fall in love with, live theater.  And although one must take care of one's own dreams.... for ultimate success, it is essential to work with people that have similar dreams. 

"Meeting Robyn and Ashley is literally a dream come true.  To work on a good script with such a great cause; and to be part of a production that truly values acting is (in my humble opinion) a recipe for success.  All I can say is thank you Robyn and Ashley for letting me part of your vision. " - Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment