Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Geena Davis talks about gender imbalance in film and media

Had the great experience to see Geena Davis announce her Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media
two years ago. I was just coming out of 2 months of radiation treatment and was lucky enough to have my future as a Breast Cancer Survivor in front of me. She inspired me so much at that talk and made me think what I could do with my passion for storytelling... how I can become part of the change I want to see.

Ms. Davis is  funny, articulate and fiercely intelligent. She has started the very important dialogue of gender balance in representation in film and media. Here she speaks with The Wall Street Journal's Rebecca Blumenstein in reference to the "Unlocking the Full Potential of Women in the U.S. Economy" report.



video courtesy of The Wall Street Journal


Please visit our indiegogo page to find out how we are trying to make a difference both in our short film and the screening/benefits that will follow to raise money and awareness around issues of domestic violence and gender representation in film and media.

No comments:

Post a Comment